Friday, November 30, 2012

Revival

After a few long, exhausting days of feeling very detached from God - these words seemed to jump off of the page and into my soul this afternoon...

Joshua 18:3
"How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that Yhwh, the God of your fathers, has given you?"
It was as if God was asking me directly, "What are you waiting for?". Why haven't I taken claim to the childbirth that He has promised me? Why do I still worry, still wonder, still doubt? My faith is still so weak! I live my life as though I don't REALLY believe that God is big enough, or good enough, or loving enough to give me the desires of my heart. And He is asking me...How long will you wait? I'm only torturing myself - Just as the Israelites were doing. Rather than entering the promised land and enjoying the benefits of God's promise, they allowed themselves to get comfortable in a less-than-desireable place. They doubted that God could possibly have anything better for them, even though He had already promised it to them. By not accepting the promise and letting go of my doubts and fears, I am telling God that I don't trust Him...I don't believe Him. And I am robbing myself of the peace and traquility that comes with trusting in His Holy will.

Father, thank you for your promises. Thank you for your love and forgiveness when my faith is weak. And thank you for your strength.
I pray that Your good and perfect will would be fulfilled in my life. I pray that, through the strength of your holy spirit, I would be filled with the kind of faith that moves mountains. I pray protection over my body, and blessing over the baby in my womb. I pray your favor over our entire family.
In the name of Jesus Christ, I declare that You are great and mighty. I declare your power and kingship over my life. I declare that I am blessed because you love me. You reign - Forever and ever - As creator of the universe, your will is always perfect. I praise you in all things. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment