Monday, August 27, 2012

Survivors Giving Birth

http://mothersadvocate.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/i-will-survive-thoughts-on-survivors-giving-birth/

There is also a book I'd like to read about this.

I'm so excited to be finding these resources!!! I know that God has such a wonderful plan in my healing process!

Last night I came to the realization that I always referred to myself as a 'victim' of child sexual abuse. When I realized that these women on support groups/blogs were using the word "survivor" it made me uncomfortable. I said to my husband "It makes it sound like a terminal illness"...and he looked at me softly and responded, "It kind of is."

He's right. It is. I'll never outgrow this, the story will never go away - But it doesn't have to kill me. There is healing to be found. So many women/children don't survive. I am so thankful for my life. For the gift of healing. For my testimony that will someday help others who are struggling to survive.

I am no longer a victim. I am a survivor.

<3 "But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love, and holiness with propriety".

No comments:

Post a Comment